"How do I pray by myself?"

Last week, we had my in-laws to our house as my dad and step-mom were visiting for the weekend. Adrianna had trouble falling asleep, as usual. I can imagine it's even harder for a three-year-old to fall asleep knowing that she has four grandparents so close yet so far away!

I went into Adrianna's room when she started calling for us after an hour of trying to sleep. I kissed her forehead, fixed her blankets, and said something to her. Suddenly she looked straight up at me, and said, "Mommy, I don't know how to pray by myself." My eyes filled with tears. My baby wanted to know how to talk to God. On her own. I leaned over her, stroking her hair, feeling the immensity of the moment. "Sweetie, God wants you to talk to Him about everything. Tell Him what makes you happy. Or sad. Tell Him all the things you are thankful for. You can tell Him anything."

I hope she never forgets my answer. I hope I never do, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies