The Adoption Psalm... and a mostly finished room?

This morning, I set out to read a Psalm, as I usually do, to start the day. But this morning's Psalm kept stopping me and speaking to me of God's heart for adoption. Here are some of the verses that struck me from Psalm 68 (I have named it the Adoption Psalm):

68:4-5 Sing to God, sing praises to His name... A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation.
68:6 God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity.
68:10 You, O God, provided from Your goodness for the poor.
68:20 Our God is the God of salvation; and to God the Lord belong escapes from death.

I was deeply blessed at the reminder that even though I cannot take care of our child right now, our child is not forgotten or alone. Our God, the Father to the fatherless, is with our child. He waits for His timing, when He will set the solitary (or child!) in his or her family (ours!).

As if that were not enough of an encouragement to continue trusting Him, a verse at the end made me pause in utter amazement...

68:31 Ethiopia will quickly stretch out her hands to God.

Wow. Thank You, God.

On a fitting note to go with the wonder of God's Word, I want to add that our new child's room is basically finished. I posted earlier about the difficulty of finishing it, when I knew our child would still be waiting for us. Well, with the momentum of knowing my friend and her husband would stay in there, I wrapped up most of the details. What a blessing.

Here are two "before" pictures, with the terrible peach paint, followed by two "after" pictures.

Comments

FishyFam said…
The room looks great. Way to keep a positive attitude and move forward. We are also learning how to take one small step at a time in faith.
Awesome Word from the Lord! Thanks for sharing this!! :)

Praying tonight for your sweet little one!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies